[Web4lib] How to duild a Digital Library

gagnew at rci.rutgers.edu gagnew at rci.rutgers.edu
Wed Mar 29 09:29:39 EST 2006

Ifran,

NISO's "Framework of Guidance for Building Good Digital Collections" is a
very good overview of issues and minimum standards for "good practice"
http://www.niso.org/framework/Framework2.html

We're developing a practical guide to building a digital library
initiative at the New Jersey Digital Highway, our statewide portal to
cultural heritage materials.  It's not completely assembled yet, although
it will be complete by the end of April, but it covers everything pretty
completely, from management to the technical components (digitizing,
metadata). The Digital Highway Collection Roadmap CF:
http://www.njdigitalhighway.org/librarians.php

Grace Agnew

> Dear Professionals
>
> I am a Library Professional in an acedmic library. I am working on
development of a digital library for my university. So, I am needed the
material on "How to build a digital Library". I will be greateful if
anyone