[Web4lib] The Charleston Report Short Survey on Google Scholar

Kristen DeVoe kdevoe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 23:37:33 EST 2006

Hello,

I write a short survey column for The Charleston Report, "A publication
written for publishers, vendors, product developers, merchandisers, and
wholesalers who are interested in expanding their library market."  For the
upcoming issue I would like to write on how libraries are utilizing Google
Scholar.  I am including a link to a short survey (nine questions) on the
topic but I am also listing the questions below if you care to respond to me
via email (off-list please at kdevoe at gmail.com). All survey responses are
confidential.  If you have time, please respond to any or all of the
questions and if you care to add anything feel free, as the purpose of this
column is to find out what librarians think.  Your participation is
appreciated.

Link to the survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=709921953629

Thank You,

Kristen DeVoe
TCR Surveys
The Charleston Report

The Questions:

1. What type of library do you work in?
2.  Has your library added a Google Scholar search box somewhere on the
library website? If so, where?
3.  What prompted your decision to include or not include a Google Scholar
search box?
4.  Does your library participate or have plans to participate in the
Library Links program? This program allows libraries that make their
resources available using a link resolver to include a link for their
patrons to these resources as a part of the Google Scholar search results.
5.  What prompted your library's decision to participate in or abstain from
the Library Links program?
6.  Does your library offer information on Google Scholar in library
instruction courses or sessions?
7.  Does your library offer any information on using Google Scholar through
the use of resources such as a web page or tutorial?
8.  Do you feel that Google Scholar has or will improve the visibility and
use of the library's electronic resources? Please explain.
9.  Please feel free provide any other comments on Google Scholar (i.e.
positive/negative aspects, future implications, etc.)