[Web4lib] Public Library Virtual Reference

Pamela Kaufman kaufmanpmc at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 26 22:27:37 EST 2006

I am conducting a research project on virtual reference (VR) solely in public libraries. If you are an individual public library that offers VR or a public library that offers VR in a public library collaboration I would be very grateful if you would complete my survey. Please do not complete the survey if you are a public library and participate in a collaboration with academic and special libraries.

  There are a few questions asking you to gather usage statistics and, in return for your efforts (I know your time is valuable), I would be happy to share the results of the survey with you.

  I have already directly contacted public library collaborations compiled by Bernie Sloan as listed at http://www.lis.uiuc.edu/~b-sloan/collab.htm, public library individual and collaborations using 24/7 Reference Cooperative services at http://www.247ref.org/communities.htm , and the New York Public Library. If you are not on any of these lists or have not yet responded, please take the survey to further research in this area.

  The survey is accessible at

  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=123331940601

  It should take no more than a few minutes to complete if usage statistics are at hand. There are only 13 questions. All survey results will remain confidential and anonymous. No individual responses will be discussed by name.

  Many thanks for your cooperation.

  Pamela M. Kaufman
  kaufmanpmc at yahoo.com
  Graduate Student