[Web4lib] web site PR sections

Ian Chan afitc at uaa.alaska.edu
Thu Mar 23 16:38:31 EST 2006

Hi Karen,

We use a Wordpress blog to publicize events.
http://www.lib.uaa.alaska.edu/library_news/

Our library director and an editor can login to the application and
enter events.  The Wordpress interface is easy to use and we have not
experienced any problems.

Wordpress also produces an RSS feed which we can pop into our home page.
Podcasts would also work.  Our university system, is developing a portal
for students and staff which we aim to populate with our RSS feeds.  We
will also work on offering the library's audio tour via podcast.

Ian Chan
Assistant Professor
Web Services Librarian
UAA/APU Consortium Library