[Web4lib] Websearch University or Internet Librarian

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 16:17:14 EST 2006

I think to answer this sort of question you'd really have to elaborate
a bit on your interests.   As a repeat attendee and frequent speaker
at IL, I think it's a fine conference that covers a broad range of
topics related, literally, to the Internet as it relates to
librarians.  I've not attended the Websearch events, but it appears to
be quite specifically focused on search.

SLA is of course a conference put on by a professional association, a
different critter entirely than the other two events.  It's large --
though small by comparison to ALA's annual meetings -- and it includes
presentations on a wide range of topics,  lots of vendor involvement
(including vendor-sponsored parties) and ongoing committee work in
each specialty.

So you're comparing, hmm, two apples of quite different varieties
versus a pomegranate.  Or something like that.  If you've not been to
any of them, I'm sure any of the three would be rewarding.

/rich