[Web4lib] Allowing volume control on public profiles

Robert Sullivan robert.g.sullivan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 18:07:46 EST 2006

> Can anyone give me some tips on allowing volume control use by public
> profiles on machines secured by the PAC security tool and machines secured
> by WinSelect?
>
> All attempts have failed....and neither or nor my PC/LAN Administrator
> know what to try next.
>
> We can get a shortuct on the desktop, but when it is clicked on, nothing
> comes up.

Assuming you have confirmed that the permissions for the volume
control program actually allow the public profile to run it, try
turning on auditing for access failures to see if there is some other
program involved.  This should also tell you if some subtle conflict
exists which is preventing the volume executable from running.

Bob Sullivan
Schenectady Digital History Archive
<http://www.schenectadyhistory.org/>
Schenectady County Public Library