[Web4lib] Best Practices for Library Web Sites

Sue Baldwin sbaldwin at nngov.com
Thu Mar 9 07:59:05 EST 2006

Everyone,

Our library, along with the city, is in the process of re-designing its
website. As part of the city team, we have identified a number of Best
Practices for designing a government website. I am trying to locate any Best
Practices for public library websites. Or are there any awards given to best
library web sites? We are trying to find some support in designing our
website, as what we want is not quite the same as what our IT department
wants for the main city site. I'm not just looking for articles on web
design, but some identified Best Practices, standards, etc. Any help or
direction would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sue

Sue Baldwin

Senior Librarian, Technology & Electronic Access

Newport News Public Library System

700 Town Center Drive Suite 300

Newport News, VA 23606

757-926-1350 voice