[Web4lib] Faculty Publications Databases

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Fri Jun 30 08:16:25 EDT 2006

http://facultypublications.appstate.edu/

We started a faculty publications database about May 2003. Clint Wrede, now at
University of Iowa, designed and programmed the database and WEB pages with a
little assistance from me to get him started.  Software utilized is Zope
application server ( http://www.zope.org/ )and PostgreSQL database.  Some of
your questions can be answered by information on the home page or  "About the
site" page.  You may contact one of the librarians on the about page for more
information.

Thomas

On Thursday 29 June 2006 10:13, Barbara Blummer wrote:
> *Please excuse the cross postings*
>
> I  am researching the availability of faculty publication databases from
> library web pages. I would appreciate receiving any information on this
> topic. I am especially interested in
> - motivation for creation
> - date created
> - software utilized
> - how the citations or documents are gathered
> - full text or citation based
> - faculty input of materials
> - if the existence of an institutional repository will affect the future
> of the database
>
> Thank you so much for your help.
>
> Barbara Blummer
> Center for Computing Sciences
> bablumm at super.org

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III			P O Box 32026
University Library				Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

An important measure of effort in coding is the frequency with which you write
something that doesn't actually match your mental representation of the
problem, and have to backtrack on realizing that what you just typed won't
actually tell the language to do what you're thinking. -Eric Raymond

Library Systems Help Desk: http://linux.library.appstate.edu/help