[Web4lib] New proposed ISEN resources

Matthew Theobald Theobald at isen.org
Wed Jun 28 12:59:27 EDT 2006

Hello Web4lib,

I wanted to let you know that documentation is available for a new
standard that would be like an integration of the ISBN, DNS
registration, Dublin Core & LCSH.  The patent application has been
published by the USPTO and is available at:

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=%2220060116992%22.PGNR.&OS=DN/20060116992&RS=DN/20060116992

ISEN has some basic presentations and an article is forthcoming in
Serials Librarian.
One of the key components is a balance between human and autmoted tools
for assigning
numbers and cataloging metadata about search environments as
opportunities for librarians.

I would enjoy your thoughts about some ideas and documents on at
http://blog.isen.org

I hope that ISEN will provide a foundation that librarians can uncover
for Internet researchers.

Thank you for your time.  Feel free to contact me with questions or
comments.

Highest Regards,

Matt

ISEN: The Internet Search Environment Number
Connect Your Mind with the Body of Knowledge

http://ISEN.org
http://blog.ISEN.org
http://demo.ISEN.org
http://list.ISEN.org