[Web4lib] RE: Web4lib Digest, Vol 15, Issue 25

David Pattern d.c.pattern at hud.ac.uk
Tue Jun 27 14:10:19 EDT 2006

Hi Jon

They were created by Mike Spikin, a member of the Library's Publicity Team, so I'll see if he do a write up for the list.  He originally did a 2D overhead map, but I think a 3D one works much better.

I've also hijacked the maps for the OPAC (e.g. http://library.hud.ac.uk/catlink/bib/365051/cls/ <http://library.hud.ac.uk/catlink/bib/365051/cls/> ), although the Flash versions were a bit too much for our very low spec dedicated catalog PCs so I had to go for an animated GIF version instead.

I remember someone here talking about creating a virtual model of the campus, that could be used for virtual tours, demonstrating wheelchair accessible routes from one location to another, etc -- I'll check to see if that's got beyond the "vapourware" stage!

regards
Dave
University of Huddersfield