[Web4lib] Photo archive software: summary of responses

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Fri Jun 23 12:25:51 EDT 2006

It just occurred to me that one of the factors that didn't get mentioned is
the project's goal. We know why the pictures were taken, but we don't know
what the library wants to accomplish next (it's not a given that the
original reason for taking the pictures drives the reason for putting them
online).

In other words, if the library wants to share its pictures outside of its
little universe, use the pictures for marketing and communication, and
establish an online presence, Flickr is a good choice. This could be in
addition to an online archive for in-house purposes.

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com