[Web4lib] Non-printable pages?

Walter Lewis lewisw at hhpl.on.ca
Thu Jun 22 20:09:54 EDT 2006

Michael McEvoy wrote:
> Surprised no one else has pointed out, but the best solution may well be PDF.
Just about anything that Windows puts on screen goes into an Alt-PrtScn
or Ctrl-PrtScn graphic on the clipboard.  From there it will go anywhere
a Paste can put it. Anything that is intended to be viewed on a computer
screen can be grabbed by your cell phone (or  alternative miniature)
digital camera.

I don't have a working mac or linux box to hand at the moment to test
parallel strategies, but I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest if
you don't want it printed your only serious option is not to put it on
the screen in the first place.

Anything else is whistling in the dark.  <sigh />

Walter Lewis
Halton Hills