[Web4lib] Time Out software and domain controllers

Mark Allan mark.allan at angelo.edu
Thu Jun 22 12:20:25 EDT 2006

Folks -

I have broached this question before with regard to time-out software on
information commons-style PCs, but have a narrower question. According to
our Information Technology Department, our users authenticate network
access with our domain controllers. Most of the time-out software available
(I quote) "is meant to be used on machines that automatically log in, then
run the time software (the time software will then authenticate them)."  We
need one that "runs before people logon so people will still be able to get
their network drives, print, etc..."

One piece of software identified that may meet our needs is Fortes Grand's
http://www.fortresgrand.com/products/tlm/tlm.htm . Does anyone have any
alternative products that may work?

Much thanks,

Mark

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mark Allan
Head, Reference Unit
Porter Henderson Library
Angelo State University
ASU Station #11013
San Angelo, Texas 76909-1013
(325) 942-2511
(325) 942-2198 (FAX)
mark.allan at angelo.edu
I love the smell of book dust in the morning.  It smells like...... knowledge.