[Web4lib] Spam-resistant forms service

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Tue Jun 20 10:07:37 EDT 2006

> W3C has a pretty good discussion <http://www.w3.org/TR/turingtest/> of
> this accessibility problem, and, if you decide to use CAPTCHA, the
> Wikipedia article <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha> is also
> informative, especially the directory of CAPTCHA implementations, with a
> variety of choices based on what programming environment is in use.

Thanks, the accessibility issue did have me concerned about captchas, though
as I thought about Thomas D's "cognitive" suggestion, I wonder if the audio
link couldn't be a simple, brief podcast that provided information on
alternate access methods. It's not as if it had to change very often. E.g.
"Please email us at [very clearly read email address]."

I'd still like a cognitive test that ferreted out real estate websites from
content we would actually use, but that's another story. ;-)

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com