[Web4lib] Open Source Federated Searching Software

Jeremy Frumkin jeremy.frumkin at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jun 15 13:20:07 EDT 2006

Here at Oregon State University, we are developing a tool currently called
ŒLibraryFind¹. Current information on this project can be found at
http://dllab.library.oregonstate.edu/content/section/4/28/. As Ross stated
in his email, we are looking at how best to release this software in a
supportable way, and it is likely that we will release it as open source
software. We will be making some announcements in the near future about
LibraryFind and its availability to the world at large...

-- jaf

On 6/15/06 9:44 AM, "Cox, Christopher N." <COXCN at uwec.edu> wrote:

> Anyone know of a free, open source federated search/metasearch
> alternative to the expensive MetaLibs of the world?
>
> Chris.
>

> Christopher Cox
>
> Assistant Professor/Assistant Director of Libraries
>
> Editor, Internet Reference Services Quarterly
>
> McIntyre Library
>
> University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
>
> 105 Garfield Avenue - L 3002A
>
> Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004
>
> Phone:  (715) 836-4454
>
> Fax:  (715) 836-2949
>
> Email:  coxcn at uwec.edu

-- jaf

Jeremy Frumkin
The Gray Chair for Innovative Library Services
121 The Valley Library, Oregon State University
Corvallis OR 97331-4501

Jeremy.Frumkin at oregonstate.edu

541.737.9928
541.737.3453 (Fax)