[Web4lib] Marking each page of a PDF as "Archival"

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 17:10:59 EDT 2006

A client has both current and archived versions of official information
online.  The archival information is almost as highly-ranked on Google's hit
list as the current.  I suggested two alternatives:

1) Use the Robot Exclusion Standard and exclude the archival materials.

2) Mark each page with a greyed-out "Archival Document" label sprayed across
the page.

The problem with 1) is it excludes the pages from discovery from people who
WANT the older versions.

If we opt for 2), is there an efficient way in Acrobat to "spray paint" text
across every page in a large document?

Thanks,

/rich