[Web4lib] Big Flash Drives (lost and found)

Marion Sumerianlibrarian marionsumerianlibrarian at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 16:51:45 EDT 2006

with lots of computers, especially the ones i recall
from from the computer labs at school, the usb port
was at the back of the machine -- out of sight, out of
mind. hence, my constant dread of loosing it every
time i used it in some place other than home.

to be clear, i didn't have any type of porn on it, but
i did have lots of documents pertaining to my
thesis/dissertation. if you think that embarrassment
is the only reason to protect the confidentiality of a
library/computer lab user then think again -- the
cut-throat world of academia still exists, even in the
age of information.

"alis inserviendo consumor"

ms