[Web4lib] Big Flash Drives

Mark A Bardsley bardsley at u.washington.edu
Mon Jun 12 13:38:23 EDT 2006

I have been watching this discussion wondering when someone would articulate the idea I had but since no one did I am going to stop lurking for an instant. The idea is to put a file at the root of your flash drive called:

"Contact Info"
or
"Please open if found"
or
"Owner Information"

And put your email address or something in the file. That would hopefully make it so that people to have to rummage through too much of your stuff. Additionally, the person who found your drive would feel less sheepish about calling you because you apparently anticipated someone finding your drive and reading the file.

Just an idea...

Mark Bardsley