[Web4lib] RE: next generation opac list

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Wed Jun 7 16:51:10 EDT 2006

Wednesday, June 7, 2006, 10:44:16 AM, you wrote:

>>What do you think about the idea of the
>>creation of mailing list such as "next generation"
>>OPAC -- ngo4lib?

JE> Do it!!!  I would be VERY interested in a list like that!

Why limit it to the traditional eight letters or the web4lib pattern?

To me, an old docs person, NGO means Non Governmental Organization.

I'd name it more like "new catalog" or even "new opac" or "opac2" or
whatever...doesn't need lib in the name...after all, who else would
have an OPAC (my goodness, I hate that incredibly stupid name...talk
about us using jargon instead of something users can understand..it
grates on me to read it and even more to type it or say it)

End of rant, I think.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA