[Web4lib] USB Hard Drives - second try

Connie Hudson connie.hudson at flower-mound.com
Wed Jun 7 12:45:52 EDT 2006

This is my second attempt to send this message. If the other one shows up, please accept my apology.

I just had a situation I'd have not considered before. We saw a customer using a USB external hard drive on one of the public computers. We allow the use of USB flash drives so would allowing someone to use a USB external hard drive be any different? I have the BIOS set to only boot from the computer hard drive. Any additional security issues I should think about?

Thanks for any advice.
Connie

Connie Hudson
Systems Coordinator
Flower Mound Library
Flower Mound, TX
connie.hudson at flower-mound.com

The grass may look greener on the other side, but it's just as hard to cut. -Little Richard