[Web4lib] OPAC task success rates

Roger Fenton roger.fenton at llgc.org.uk
Fri Jun 2 07:11:33 EDT 2006

Do members have any target success rates for various OPAC tasks? I read
figures in the literature such as 67% of participants successfully
completed the task of finding a copy of The Red Pony in the OPAC in
under 2 minutes, but I have yet to find a statement as to whether or not
that's considered acceptable or warrants further work on the interface,
except by implication when a report states that XYZ was changed as a
result of the first round of testing. I have also been unable to find
any benchmarking figures of this type.

--
Roger Fenton

Swyddog Prosiect
Adran Gwasanaethau Casgliadau
Is-adran Systemau
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 3BU
Cymru

http://www.llgc.org.uk/
Ffôn: +44 (0) 1970 632800 est. 368
e-bost: roger.fenton at llgc.org.uk

Dydy'r uchod ddim o reidrwydd yn cynrychioli polisi'r LlGC

Project Officer
Department of Collection Services
Systems Section
National Library of Wales
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 3BU
Wales

http://www.llgc.org.uk/
Tel.: +44 (0) 1970 632800 ext. 368
Fax: +44 (0) 1970 632882
e-mail: roger.fenton at llgc.org.uk

The above does not necessarily represent NLW policy