[Web4lib] Puppet Shows on Google Video

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sat Jul 29 10:57:00 EDT 2006

> Interestingly, most of the uploads cannot yet be found by a search.  The
> only two that can be found are the two google videos I uploaded earlier
> this week. There appears to be a delay in the indexing of newly uploaded
> content, in addition to the approval delay.

Just for the record, I found them now through a Youtube search for "puppet
show library," as a top hit, but when I searched for "three little pigs,"
that story was the last result on a long results page, even though it was
more recent than others. An interesting question is how to boost results in
YouTube. I've only uploaded one video, so I haven't played with it much. Is
it possible you could boost results through more tagging? Is tagging given
weight? I'd like to know more about how their indexing works. After all,
they're only indexing the metadata, right...?

Very, very cute videos, and stand-out quality compared to the typical
YouTube video. It would be wonderful to get at least a punch list for
producing a library video like this one. Fun transitions and music, and I
love the way the pig's teeth chatters :-) ...

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com