[Web4lib] Library Toolbar and MySpace and FaceBook

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Fri Jul 28 14:16:17 EDT 2006

<http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2902/62/1600/snapper1154108734361.pn
g> I just added links to our MYSpace and FaceBook pages to the toolbar I
created for my library. Click on the image above to see it full size.
MySpace is currently having technical problems and is moving to new data
storage so that my not work. If you have downloaded the toolbar, be sure
to refresh it occasionally to see what I have added. I am also looking
for components to add to it. The way it is set up it might be able to
use javascript based bookmarklets or code snippets to add functionality
to it. If you have any that might be of interest, send them to me and I
wll experiment with them.

The toolbar is actually created via a web based service at Effective
Brands <http://www.effectivebrand.com/> . You can download our latest
version of the toolbar at:
http://morrisvillecollegelibrary.ourtoolbar.com/.

Stay tuned for more as I play with this. This is a true use of Web 2.0
and is a Library 2.0 service in my opinion.

effectivebrand <http://technorati.com/tag/effectivebrand>  toolbar
<http://technorati.com/tag/toolbar>  Library2.0
<http://technorati.com/tag/Library2.0>

 Bill Drew