[Web4lib] Microformats

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 28 11:43:31 EDT 2006

Roy roy roy...

The microformat community would beg to differ.  They don't like COinS
because it doesn't expose any of the semantics.

UnAPI uses a microformat, though.

There is still hope of some sort of crossover between the hCite
microformat and OpenURL, but my guess is that it won't explicitly be
Z39.88 as we know it (instead probably something more like Bibtex).

The jargon of OpenURL is just too much for the broader world to adopt, I fear.

-Ross.