[Web4lib] "Chat Aggregators" for virtual reference

Turner,Kathleen kt32 at drexel.edu
Thu Jul 27 07:54:20 EDT 2006

We are looking into implementing virtual (chat) reference, using one of
the instant messaging "aggregators" such as Trillian or Meebo.  We are
not interested at this time in any of the dedicated virtual reference
products.

Would any libraries (preferably academic) who are using such aggregators
for online reference contact me?  We're interested in learning why you
selected the application you're using, what problems you may have
encountered, etc.

Please reply to my offlist; I will summarize answers for the list.

Thank you,

Kathleen H. Turner
Web/Education Librarian
W.W. Hagerty Library