[Web4lib] Various site issues

Broun, Kevin (NIH/NCI) [E] brounk at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jul 26 16:47:25 EDT 2006

That flash item doesn't seem to have any interactivity (at least for me)
and so could easily be replaced by an animated GIF, with fewer
accessibility issues (assuming alt text is in place).

On the links with ampersands, they need to be rewritten slightly, e.g.:
http://search.jocohistory.org/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/jcm&CIS
OPTR=30&REC=1
instead of
http://search.jocohistory.org/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/jcm&CISOPTR
=30&REC=1
to pass validation. But it does look like ContentDM has a nasty bug with
those URLs -- that should be taken up with the vendor, as they are not
handling valid URLs correctly...

Kevin Broun
Senior Web Developer
National Cancer Institute