[Web4lib] blue sky thinking

HAZEL Margaret E margaret.e.hazel at ci.eugene.or.us
Wed Jul 26 16:19:01 EDT 2006

 This is why my particular position was created.  I am the Principal
Librarian for Technology here, and this means I have the librarian
background, and am part of the vision and planning for the library, but
I also have a tech background, and supervise the tech support staff in
the library using language they understand, and am the liaison with the
City IT folks, who do our networks and servers, but at a job level where
they have to respect my authority to some extent.  I can talk to both
sides, and believe that this is a very valuable position (ok, I'm
biased!) for the modern library, with its dependence on technology.

-Margaret

Margaret E. Hazel
Principal Librarian, Technology
Eugene Public Library