[Web4lib] Rollyo?

Bonaria Biancu bonariabiancu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 04:01:47 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've set up a Rollyo about library 2.0:

http://www.rollyo.com/bonariabiancu/the_geek_librarian/

Some months ago, I also tried a similar tool - Swiki:

http://biblioteca-20-swicki.eurekster.com/biblioteca+2.0/

(again about "Library 2.0", but in Italian version: "Biblioteca 2.0").

I've noticed that Swiki has more commercial ads than Rollyo - furthermore
Rollyo gives explicitly communication of advertisements by the "sponsored
links". However, with Swiki you have much power on search engine's layout
and you can block trash tag/websites displayed within the results, building
you own search patterns.

The Rollyo 25 websites are a big limit, and I'd like to try the Gigablast
mentioned by Patricia Anderson. I think these customizable search engines
can help in library activities: I suggested to colleagues of mine to use
them in reference with patrons, setting them up on pre-determined topics.

Best regards,

Bonaria

Bonaria Biancu
Biblioteca di Ateneo - Sede Centrale
Universita' di Milano Bicocca
Piazza Ateneo Nuovo, 1 - 20126 Milano (Italy)
Tel.: +39.02.64486236
E-mail: bonaria.biancu at unimib.it
Web: http://www.biblio.unimib.it
http://bonariabiancu.wordpress.com/