[Web4lib] Macromedia Contribute setup

McHale, Nina nina.mchale at cudenver.edu
Fri Jul 21 13:22:54 EDT 2006

Hi, all,

Two questions for anyone out there using Contribute:

1. Can you give me some examples of the roles you've defined for library
staff? I know that ultimately, the roles I define have to be specific to
our library and our staff's web duties, but I'd just like some ideas of
what others have done. Did you just stick with the two standard roles
defined (writer, publisher) or did you get more creative
("bibliographer," "reference," etc.)? As usual, I'm probably making this
way too hard.

2. Our web server runs UNIX. Are there any tips, tricks, or traps as to
how permissions/masks on the *server* need to be set to work with
Contribute? Or is it a non-issue? (Not sure if I'm asking that right...)

Thanks in advance!

Nina

Nina McHale, MA/MSLS
Web Services Librarian
Auraria Library

Serving the University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences
Center-Downtown Campus,
Metropolitan State College
and the Community College of Denver

1100 Lawrence Street