[Web4lib] Which Linux Distribution for a Library Web Server?

Lawrence Milliken MILLIKEL at neumann.edu
Thu Jul 6 10:59:06 EDT 2006

I have to agree. Ubuntu has a very minimal server installation that is
still easy to configure and upgrade, is very stable, and lets you
continue with your Debian skill set.  I am using it for my prototype
library webserver (w/ Zope/Plone and mySQL).  Too bad our campus IT shop
is Windows only so they don't understand what I've done!

Larry Milliken
Reference Librarian
Neumann College Library

>>> "Drew, Bill" <drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU> 07/06/06 9:51 AM >>>
Why not try Ubuntu Linux?  It is a great operating system.  I use it
for
our library blog.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Benjamin Franklin)

> -----
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
X-GWTYPE:USER
FN:Lawrence Milliken
TEL;WORK:610-558-5541
ORG:Neumann College;Library
EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:MILLIKEL at neumann.edu
N:Milliken;Lawrence
TITLE:Reference Librarian
ADR;DOM;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL:;;One Neumann Dr.;Aston;PA;19014
LABEL;DOM;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Lawrence Milliken=0A=
One Neumann Dr.=0A=
Aston, PA  19014
END:VCARD