[Web4lib] Which Linux Distribution for a Library Web Server?

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu Jul 6 08:58:25 EDT 2006

Hi Keith,

At LibLime, we use Debian Sarge for most of our systems. Index Data
maintains a debian apt source that has the latest versions of their
apps (including the latest yaz which you'll need for ZOOM Perl). Also,
the latest CPAN version of Net::Z3950::ZOOM has a bug in the Makefile.PL,
if we bug Mike Taylor he might upload a fix ;-). In the meantime, just
comment out the line:

#   OPTIMIZE          => "-Wdeclaration-after-statement -g -O0"

If you need more recent versions than supplied by the package
maintainer you can always check out backports.org.

Hope that helsp.

Cheers,

jmf at liblime.com |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |2(888)KohaILS