[Web4lib] Ipods listening 'posts'

Marty Williams/CoM Marty.Williams at marion.sa.gov.au
Tue Jan 31 00:21:52 EST 2006

Hi all

Having been involved in a number of complicated and expensive means of
setting up music listening posts in public libraries in the past, the
thought has struck me (through chats with my teenage daughters) that using
'fixed' ipods scattered through the library could be a quick and effective
way to deliver music (and audio books) to customers. I'd like to tap into
the wealth of knowledge, experience and creativeness of this list to see if
this wheel has been invented before. I would much appreciate any thoughts
or practical experience with this.

Thanks in advance
Marty

Marty Williams
Coordinator - Information and Technology
Marion Library Service
Ph (08) 83756723
Mob 0411980194
www.marion.sa.gov.au

A smiling librarian is an awesome sight; it challenges the stereotypes,
creates an atmosphere of change, and frightens the heck out of 95% of the
borrowers

 Scanned by Trend ScanMail