[Web4lib] OPAC user interface - design trends?

Alexander Johannesen alexander.johannesen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 20:39:50 EST 2006

On 1/27/06, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://dev.gapines.org .  They whole scoop is available from
> http://open-ils.org .

Heh, I just tried it with my search-killer ; "monteverdi in venice",
and the result was ;

   Zero hits were returned for your search.
   Did you mean Monteverdi in Venice ?

And clicking the link for the upper-cased version of my search yielded
nothing as well. :)

To talk about the subject though, I think that this service is good
technically (albeit perhaps a bit slow? This was the devel version,
which probably explains it) but still has a few snags to work out in
terms of usability and UI design, such as the heavy librarian and
technical jargon, the tree-structures that implies that we're in MS
Explorer :) and some confusion about what happens when I hit the back
button (for example, after 'choose a library to search').

Regards,

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert