[Web4lib] Opera's Mini browser

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Thu Jan 26 16:57:03 EST 2006

I installed Opera's new Opera Mini browser on my Cingular cell phone
last night.   Using it I have found I can search our Ex Libris ALEPH
library catalog and search our online databases such as Newsbank even
though it is proxied through EZproxy.  Opera MIni sends my
username/password onto our EZproxy server and even seems to store the
session cookie.  I searched Newsbank and displayed full text articles
from it.

For information on the Mini browser, go to http://mini.opera.com

I am interested in giving it a real shakedown test.  Would anyone be
willing to participate in such an effort?  It might cost you cell time
or data download time on your cell phone.  If you are willing to do
something like that, contact me at my e-mail address off list.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
Morrisville State College Library
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4 <aim:goim?screenname=BillDrew4>
BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net <http://billdrew.net/>
Wireless Libraries: http://wirelesslibraries.blogspot.com
<http://wirelesslibraries.blogspot.com/>
Library: http://library.morrisville.edu/
SUNYConnect: http://www.sunyconnect.suny.edu/
My Blog: http://babyboomerlibrarian.blogspot.com/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin