[Web4lib] Opera Introduces Mini Browser

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Wed Jan 25 20:19:04 EST 2006

This is some hot stuff!!!   I just installed it on my Motorola Camera
Phone from Cingular.  It cost me $2.99 to install it via SMS.  Your
phone must be capable of network connections.  It works via
client-server with most of the work done on the server side.  This is
not displaying WAP!  It is displaying real webpages.  I even used it to
go to our library webpage and search on webopac.  It works great!  It
even has bookmarks.  We don't need to have a WAP enable website anymore.
Opera Mini is a java application.

http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini/

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4 <aim:goim?screenname=BillDrew4>

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Benjamin Franklin)

	eWEEK <http://www.eweek.com>  	  	eWEEK Wireless
<http://wireless.eweek.com>
Wireless News, Reviews and Strategy from eWEEK.com

Opera Introduces Mini Browser
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1915009,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K00
00605>

The company is hoping that its software will encourage more people to
begin to log online from their handsets, but analysts contend it will be
an uphill battle.