[Web4lib] linkchecker advice

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Tue Jan 17 23:41:25 EST 2006

One thing to remember, however, is that a link checker will only catch
a very few of the "missing journals".  As long as the link goes to
some page, it won't report an error.  That page may no longer have a
valid link to the content, may say that the journal is no longer
available, may have links to only some of what you've paid for, etc.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't use one, just that you shouldn't
accept the results as definitive.

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA