[Web4lib] NCSU Libraries Butcher the Pig

David Walker dwalker at csusm.edu
Thu Jan 12 14:07:50 EST 2006

Andrew,

This is spectacular!  Having heard little bits and pieces about this, I
was looking forward to the unveiling.  But you've exceeded my
expectations.  Kudos to you, Emily, and your whole team.

I'm sure you've got conference presentations lined-up to talk about this
in more detail, but I hope you don't mind if I ask some implementation
questions here:

(1) Which Endeca product are you using?

(2) I assume you export the bibliographic records from your Sirsi
catalog into Endeca on a regular basis.  How often, and how dynamic is
that?

(3) How are you able to show circulation status for each item in Endeca?
Have circulation / item records been exported from the catalog as well?
How do you keep that synchronized?

Brilliant job!  But, then again, we expect no less from NC State. :-)

--Dave

David Walker
Web Development Librarian
Library