[Web4lib] Moving from Apache to EZProxy

B. Frazier fraziebe at whitman.edu
Wed Jan 11 14:00:32 EST 2006

We are moving from an Apache proxy server to EZProxy.  I want to know what
problems people have had on the public service side.

Specifically I am interested in what happens when the library patrons were
once able to find an item on Google or any subscription website and it
triggered the proxy server if their browser was configured.  With EZProxy
the patron will have to go to the library website and find the link to that
item to utilize the proxy server.  Have there been complaints?  A great need
for patron training?

Has anyone figured out a way around this so that EZProxy is triggered
regardless of where the user finds it on the web?

Barbaraella Frazier
Reference Librarian
Penrose Library
Whitman College