[Web4lib] Talk of the Nation to Talk 21st C. Libraries, 2-21

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Mon Feb 20 21:28:13 EST 2006

FYI...

Tomorrow (Tuesday, 2/21/06), the NPR show Talk of the Nation will discuss
the "Bookless Library." The blurb states:

"Information technology changes as soon we think we understand it. We look
at how libraries keep up and redefine their role. How would you design a
library for the 21st century?"

TOTN has a phone-in component, so you may want to tune in.

I heard on the radio today that they are soliciting emails on this topic,
with subject lines of 21st Century Library. I did not see an email address
on the site, but I see a contact form here:

http://www.npr.org/contact/

TOTN's website (where you can listen to TOTN if you don't get it any other
way):

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=5

Bio of the show's host, Neal Conan:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=2100380

Here in NorCal the program runs from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The schedule
currently doesn't state which hour the show plans to feature libraries,
though I expect that to be evident by tomorrow morning.

I don't know if any librarians were involved in the production of this
show... it will be interesting to listen!

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com