[Web4lib] Looking for Sample Library Competencies for a New Book

Houghton, Sarah SHoughton at co.marin.ca.us
Sun Feb 19 13:57:36 EST 2006

This is being cross-posted, so please forgive any duplication.

I am beginning research for a book about technology training for library staff, specifically about creating, implementing, and maintaining a set of technology core competencies for library staff in all positions.

I am looking for libraries (public, academic, school, law, special, local/state/national associations) who would be willing to share their lists of competencies and possibly the process by which these were created.

I have found several on the open web, but I suspect that many of these competencies live on intranets or other passworded sites.  If you can point me to any competencies that you know of, either on the open web (in case I missed some) or on your intranet (perhaps simply giving me a text-only version of the competencies) I would much appreciate it.

Sarah Houghton
e-Services Librarian, Marin County Free Library
Librarian in Black: http://www.librarianinblack.net

Email Disclaimer: http://www.co.marin.ca.us/nav/misc/EmailDisclaimer.cfm