[Web4lib] Database selection aides

Athena Hoeppner athena at mail.ucf.edu
Mon Feb 13 15:41:02 EST 2006

SFX's knowledgebase can help you find full text options for a title and compare journal offerings from vendors/databases.  I'm sure the same can be said for many of the OpenURL vendors' systems.

Ulrich's Serials Analysis System can produce all kinds of reports about journals, including the two you mention, I believe.
http://www.ulrichsweb.com/ulrichsweb/analysis/

Athena

Athena Hoeppner
Electronic Resources Librarian
athena at mail.ucf.edu    (407)823-5049

>>> "Jonathan Bloy" <JBloy at edgewood.edu> 13/Feb/06 2:55 >>>
Posted for a colleague:

We currently are using Serials Solutions, and in the administrative
module one can find a thorough list of full-text options (i.e. it lists
ALL of the databases, coverage, full-text options, etc.) that are
available for a particular journal.

We also like Serials Solutions Overlap Analysis (i.e. comparing unique
and redundant journal titles that are in various databases).

Are there any other products that have similar features?  Any that you
would recommend?

--
Jonathan Bloy
Web Services Librarian