[Web4lib] Author Citation Database

Erwin, Patricia J. erwin.patricia at mayo.edu
Mon Feb 6 12:34:06 EST 2006

I am posting this for a colleague who is temporarily off Web4Lib

We are in the process of updating processes for our author citation database, and are curious what other institutions are doing.  If you have an electronic system you use to store citation information for your institution's authors, please answer the following questions.  Please respond to dbrown at mayo.edu off list.  Thank you!

*	Is your database a third-party commercial system or a home-grown system?  If it is an off-the-shelf solution, what
	product is it?
*	How is data entered? (e.g. Web form, proprietary interface, file imports, etc)
*	What sort of accessibility do you provide? (e.g. XML, RSS, Z39.50, etc)
*	How would you rate the functionality of your current system?
*	If you were upgrading your system, or designing a new one, what feature would you most like to have?

Please respond to David S. Brown, Library Systems Manager, Mayo Clinic Libraries, 507.284.2461 if email is not convenient.

Patricia J. Erwin aka "Pat"
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine Libraries
Rochester MN 55905
erwin.patricia at mayo.edu
507.284.4952