[Web4lib] Government Documents Videos / Request for Video Software/Tutorial recommendations

Daniel Cornwall dan_cornwall at eed.state.ak.us
Wed Dec 20 12:26:18 EST 2006

As an off-work project, I've been producing some short videos intended to
promote government publications and the Federal Depository Library Program.
I've distributed the first three to MySpace, YouTube, and the Capitol Hill
Broadcasting Network (CHBN). You can find the clips at CHBN at the following
URLs:

Best Titles Ever! The Video (approx 50 sec)
http://www.capitolhillbroadcastingnetwork.com/Clip.aspx?key=614FAEB54419982F

Documents on Parade: Criminal Edition (approx 50 sec)
http://www.capitolhillbroadcastingnetwork.com/Clip.aspx?key=263E07F6EF87C958

Air Force at Your Library (approx 3 min, includes full Air Force Song)
http://www.capitolhillbroadcastingnetwork.com/Clip.aspx?key=77CEED25EB5AA5EB

I've also established a page for resources (royalty free audio, book covers,
etc) to produce govdoc/library oriented video at:
http://freegovinfo.info/node/789

Two things that are missing from my resources page that I hope you can help
with are suggestions for video editing/production software and/or tutorials
on making videos.

At home where I put these videos together, I'm using a program called
ShowBiz that came with my computer four years ago. I know there must be
newer and better stuff out there. Camtasia is one program, what are some
others? As for tutorials, I'm brand new to producing videos and so don't
have much to offer others on the subject. So any links I can send others to
(and read myself) would be great.

Thanks,

Daniel Cornwall
Government Publications/Technical Services Librarian
Alaska State Library
PO Box 110571
Juneau, AK 99811-0571
(907) 465-2927 ph
(907) 465-2665 fax
E-Mail: dan_cornwall at eed.state.ak.us

Learn about the Alaska State Publications Program, a system that works to
make state information available to Alaskans now and in the 22nd Century.See
our web page at <http://library.state.ak.us/asp/asp.html>.

Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are mine alone and not those of my
employer unless explicitly stated.