[Web4lib] Gathering library automation data

Marshall Breeding marshall.breeding at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Dec 13 22:33:45 EST 2006

As part of the work that I do in following trends in library
automation, I maintain the lib-web-cats database of libraries.  I'm
currently interested in gathering more data about what link
resolvers, federated search/metasearch applications, electronic
resource management modules, and alternative catalogs are currently
being used in libraries, in addition to the current and previous
ILS's.

I've recently extended lib-web-cats to add fields for these other
automation components and would very much appreciate it if Web4Lib
members would visit the database and update it for their libraries.
I'm especially interested in recording open source options being
used by libraries in addition to the commercially provided ones.

The URL for lib-web-cats is:
  http://www.librarytechnology.org/libwebcats

Once you find your library in the database, there will be a
"details" link that displays the information that I have so far.
You can use the "Update this Entry" button to enter additional
information.  Drop me a note off-list if you have any difficulties.

The information you provide will help me in the research that I do
for the articles that I write on library automation, but is also
freely available for anyone else that's interested.

I appreciate your help.

-marshall