[Web4lib] Including RSSon a webpage

Mark Costa markrcosta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 11:35:36 EST 2006

RefWorks has an option that generates an RSS feed from resources entered
into your personal database. What I would like to do is display the 5-10
most recent additions on our department's web page. In essence, it would be
a running bibliography, with the most recent, hand selected items displayed.

This is easy to accomplish if I had access to PHP, or probably even ASP. I
know it can be done with 3rd party web sites that will generate the
javascript and host it for you. Unfortunately, the externally hosted
javascript would not fly at my institution (Army War College). I am looking
for a solution that I can host on my internal site, so that if need be, the
information security officers could review the code for security issues.