[Web4lib] JOB: Digital Library Services Manager, Christchurch, NZ

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Mon Dec 11 14:44:43 EST 2006

Digital Library Services Manager

Christchurch City Libraries is the public library and information service
provided by Christchurch City Council for the communities of Christchurch
and Banks Peninsula. Each year, we welcome over 3.4 million visitors, loan
5.7 million items and deliver 9.7 million library website page views to
users of our online information resources.

Recognised nationally and internationally as innovative, customer-focused
and forward-thinking, we are searching for an experienced manager to lead
our provision of cutting-edge digital information services for our
customers, wherever they are.

This key role will lead our Digital Library Services team in the development
and delivery of digital services and online resources.  These include
facilitating the ICT needs of the organisation, identifying and harnessing
opportunities to further enhance the customer experience through new
technologies, and increasing the range of digital content available to
customers through our websites and online services by ensuring they can
effectively communicate with their library by phone, email and other means.

You¹ll be our strategic thinker on digital development, while also managing
our day-to-day ICT operations.  You¹ll also be expected to collaborate with
peers across the country to ensure that Christchurch City Libraries remains
at the forefront and contributes to the development of digital library and
information services in New Zealand.

Critical to your success in this dynamic role will be your ability to build
effective partnerships, your proven leadership experiences and your ability
to recognise ICT needs and facilitate solutions.  Your background will also
demonstrate your strengths in planning, project and financial management and
policy development.  Experience of coordinating digital services and
resources within a library and information environment would be highly
desirable.

If you are a leader with a passion for delivering digital information
services and resources and would enjoy working with a team of talented
professionals in one of New Zealand¹s leading public library and information
environments, we look forward to your application.

For detailed information, including a position description, visit
www.hkp.co.nz/careers <http://www.hkp.co.nz/careers> To apply, email your CV
and cover letter to clientcareers at hkp.co.nz Please quote vacancy number
3722. Initial enquiries are welcome. Contact Victoria Hoskin at Hadlee
Kippenberger People
(03) 363 5700.

Please note applications close Sunday 28th January 2007.  We will not be in
contact until this time to discuss your application.  Confidentiality is
assured.