[Web4lib] Faceted Browsing - Looking for real live examples

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu Dec 7 10:19:24 EST 2006

Hi Darryl,

Darryl Friesen wrote:
>I'm looking for some real live examples of faceted browsing, particularly
>sites using Flamenco or SOLR.  While the few demos linked off the
>software's sites are interesting, I'd like to get a sense of how and where
>it's being used in the real world.

Koha ZOOM is another ILS that supports faceted browsing -- and an
open-source one at that. Here's a link to the Nelsonville Public Library
to see it in action at a real library:

http://search.athenscounty.lib.oh.us

In this case, it's used as a 'refine your search', but could easily be
adapted for 'expand your search' as well.

Cheers,