[Web4lib] what happened to PBWiki ?

Betsy Vera bvera at gailborden.info
Fri Dec 1 21:12:12 EST 2006

> We have our Wyoming Authors Database hosted with PBWiki
> (http://wiki.wyomingauthors.org/ which forwards to
> http://wyomingauthors.pbwiki.com/ ) but PBWiki isn't working right
> now, and if you go to the main site (pbwiki.com), it says that the site
> was successfully registered with Joker.com .  Looking at the WHOIS
> record, David Weekly, founder and CEO of PBWiki, is also the contact for
> PBWiki.com and Coceve, Inc. and the record was modified today.
>
> So, anyone know of anything?  They sure haven't notified us, as paying
> subscribers to the PBWiki service!

I found this notice on the PBWiki's wiki (http://yummy.pbwiki.com/ ):

"Admin Message: Friday 4:45 pm PST: Access to PBwiki was difficult earlier
today due to a denial-of-service attack on a 3rd-party network service
provider. We've put in a workaround so things should be back to normal as
fresh DNS records propagate throughout the net."

(I see now that they have posted that note on all PBWikis.)