[Web4lib] IM Reference using Google Talk?

TUCKER-RAYMOND Caleb calebt at multcolib.org
Fri Dec 1 17:01:09 EST 2006

GTalk will actually connect to other XMPP/Jabber services, such as
LiveJournal's LJ Talk and your local government/campus enterprise IM
server. There's a poorly list of public servers at
https://www.xmpp.net/servers.

It would be sweet if other commercial IM providers would offer XMPP
connectivity, but then, they would lose their exclusivity. Maybe they
could make it up by pushing us more ads based on our conversations?

Caleb Tucker-Raymond
Oregon Statewide Digital Reference Project Coordinator
Multnomah County Library
(503) 988-5438
XMPP: calebtr at gmail.com