[Web4lib] web hosting service

Tom Keays tomkeays at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 22:38:52 EDT 2006

I second Walt's recommendation of LIShost. They've been very helpful,
have good features, and the price is decent. They don't have an
official multiple domain policy that I recall, but I host three
domains from my account. PHP is at version 4.3.11 and MySQL is 3.23.58
and my only wish is that a PHP5 (and corresponding MySQL upgrade) were
available. Blake's installed Ruby on Rails so you can be all trendy
and stuff (although I haven't messed much with this yet).

I looked at some of the suggestions made in this thread and Siteground
and Webmasters.com both look really excellent. If I were shopping for
a new provider, they would be on my first cut list.

I somehow hadn't encountered DotEasy before and you certainly can't
beat the price but they are frustatingly vague about the server
details. Is it Linux or what? I finally found that php/mysql is an
optional service and not available to the $0 hosting. Stiofan
mentioned hosting 4 domains with them but, at $25 a pop for the domain
name, it would seem to be a better value to host with LIShost,
Siteground, or Webmasters.